Hypnos Forum Weight-Loss Challenge 2010

Started by Wayne Higgins, March 18, 2010, 09:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judd stephens

Maybe if the 'scouts said "hey would you like to buy our genetically modified wheat, round-up ready sugar beet and high-fructose corn syrup-sweetened death cakes?" you might just balk a tad...

cromag

I find it safer to just buy the cookies.

Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

SunDummy

Quote from: lena on March 30, 2010, 04:25:26 PM
QuoteI was doing good, too, until those damn girl scouts talked me into three boxes of Thin Mints.

Ha ha! Oh, no way- they can't get Mike & me with their enticing displays & little puppy dog eyes- we just say "no thank you" & breeze right past them, (and never, EVER look directly into their eyes- they'll have you for sure if you do!)   ;)

I apply my steely stare at the grocery store, and ignore the tables at the entrance.  But when my niece calls, how the hell can I say no?  What kind of shitty uncle would I be?  It's not that I like the cookies, you understand...   ;D
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

hdibrell

Quote from: SunDummy on March 30, 2010, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: lena on March 30, 2010, 04:25:26 PM
QuoteI was doing good, too, until those damn girl scouts talked me into three boxes of Thin Mints.

Ha ha! Oh, no way- they can't get Mike & me with their enticing displays & little puppy dog eyes- we just say "no thank you" & breeze right past them, (and never, EVER look directly into their eyes- they'll have you for sure if you do!)   ;)
It's not that I like the cookies, you understand...   ;D
None of us LIKE the cookies. We just MUST BUY!! :o
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Seren

Luckily our girl scouts on this side of the pond are happily entombed in village halls doing crafts and dancing - not learning the evil ways of the free market, emotional bribery and violent retribution.... ;D

(I think the bankers do that here!!) :o

mystified

This thread is hilarious. I think I am going to join Girl Scouts.
Thomas Park
Mystified / Mister Vapor

cromag

Quote from: cromag on March 18, 2010, 09:09:33 PM
My problems are portion control and lack of exercise.  I'll be posting here periodically -- I'm 6'3" and 255 lbs and would like to drop at least 30 lbs.

I'm still 20 pounds less than my all time high of 275 in 2002.

Actually, I was mistaken.  Right after I posted that I stepped on the scale and realized that I actually weighed 260.0 pounds.  It was the incentive I needed.

Monday is "weigh-in" day, and today I'm 249.0.

Ten down, thirty to go!
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

hdibrell

Quote from: cromag on May 24, 2010, 05:38:38 PM
Quote from: cromag on March 18, 2010, 09:09:33 PM
My problems are portion control and lack of exercise.  I'll be posting here periodically -- I'm 6'3" and 255 lbs and would like to drop at least 30 lbs.

I'm still 20 pounds less than my all time high of 275 in 2002.

Actually, I was mistaken.  Right after I posted that I stepped on the scale and realized that I actually weighed 260.0 pounds.  It was the incentive I needed.

Monday is "weigh-in" day, and today I'm 249.0. Wow!! That's great! I'm only down 3 pounds since this thread started. I've been down more, but have yo-yo'd back and forth since then. Good job Cromag!

Ten down, thirty to go!
Wow!! That's great! I'm only down 3 pounds since this thread started. I've been down more, but have yo-yo'd back and forth since then. Good job Cromag!

lena

Congrats, guys!  :)

I'm down 9lbs since starting P90X almost 2 months ago. I can't credit the program entirely, though, since I hurt my knee not too long into the first month & wasn't able to do the lower bod or cardio DVDs, (only upper bod & abs.) I'm getting back to running and stuff now, but for awhile I could only ride the stationary bike at a very low resistance level for my cardio workouts. Oh, and I also got super-strict with my diet right after I hurt my knee, because I knew that if I couldn't do all my cardio stuff, I'd blow up like a rubber raft if I didn't drastically cut calories!

Anyway, 9lbs down & a few more to go!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

SunDummy

Way to go, folks!   ;D

I'm down about 5.  Biking season has begun, so I should increase the pace of loss over the next few months.  I got my first good ride in on Sunday - 50 miles on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.  If I can ride 100 miles a week, I should hit my target of 200# by fall easily.  And with riding partners like these four lovely ladies, motivation should be easy to find.   ;)

I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

lena

Awesome, and I love that pic!  :)

(Now I really want to go for a looong bike ride.)

hdibrell

Quote from: lena on May 25, 2010, 10:46:52 AM

I'm down 9lbs since starting P90X almost 2 months ago.
Wow! 9 pounds! From your pictures it  looks like you were fairly small to begin with, so 9 pounds is a lot.   Harry

lena

Aw, thanks Harry! I gained some weight over the winter, though, when we quit doing our super-long runs and big hikes and stuff. I'm really excited to start getting back outside for some nature adventures, (if it would ever quit raining!)  >:(

Seren

lena

Ha! There are soooo many musicians who go by "Lena," it's crazy! I even had a GUY write me once, demanding that I stop going by that name because HE was already using it, (his real name was like Mathias, or something.) I wrote him back and told him, "Sorry, dude- that's my actual name!"  ;D

jkn

Try being named "John"...  ;-)

And Lena - she looks just like you!  Just not as cute.

John <--- my real name
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

lena

OMG, ha ha- thanks, John!  ;D

(However, I think being a teenager pretty much always trumps the more "mature" girl in cuteness factor.)  ;)

My knee injury is FINALLY, (after two months), getting better now, and I'll soon be able to get back to lifting heavy weights for my lower-bod strength training sessions, hooray!  :)

cromag

Another Monday.  Today's weight is 246.5.

My last dream before I woke up this morning was about buying a bag of potato chips.

cromag

According to my BMI, I am officially "overweight."   Of course, I came at it from the other side!  ;)

jkn

John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei