Author Topic: Seren Ffordd new release - Sparse  (Read 1456 times)

Seren

• View Profile
Seren Ffordd new release - Sparse
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »
Hi all,

Hoping this year is better than the last...
   I've managed to get back into the studio and have released the following ongoing project:

Rather than an 'album', Sparse is intended to be an ongoing project to be added to over time and allowing me to create music that is not constrained by the need to be a coherent release...
   ...5 tracks to begin with and more to come in the future. I found these tracks do share a sonic connection - something that arose out of the creative process, but looking forward to delving into different sounds in the future

available for free / name your price at

https://serenffordd.bandcamp.com/album/sparse

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:06:52 PM by Seren »

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Re: Seren Ffordd new release - Sparse
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
Listening to this Seren carries me back to my childhood memories of Dartmoor, the Yorkshire moors and the Glen's of Scotland in that that all were so "Sparse" yet places of such beauty, often tempestous in mood yet never bleak with a quietness of their own.....Thank You.

Great project and takes discipline to hold back when the urge to saturate is always present. 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:05:34 AM by Julio Di Benedetto »
"Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you ride to the Roots, do not complicate your mind, ... "  Bob Marley

http://digitalvoices.bandcamp.com/

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »
Thank you for the response Julio, I too know the spaces where the only sound is of the wind rustling in grass or a hawk flying through the trees.
   Where if a fly lands on a piece of paper I wonder if it is an evolutionary event - what the fly makes of an 'alien' substance?

I am looking forward to exploring sounds through this project - trying not to have too many ideas before I start a new piece.

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 06:11:17 AM »
2 new tracks, VI and VII added to the project

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 12:00:46 PM »
A new track added to Sparse - IX.
   Though seems I missed saying when VIII was out.
This is a simpler track, trying to pare things back a little, to make more reminiscent of the Umbra releases